Last Update: January 1, 2020
Information We Collect.
This policy covers how we treat information that we collect and receive, including information you provide to us and
information collected automatically through your use of the Site.
Information Provided By You. The information we collect on or through the Site may include:
• The Site’s registration forms require users to give us certain information, like name, business name, business contact information, address, e-mail, and phone number, professional designations, and professional credentials. Information from registration forms is used to set up and administer your account, ship your purchases, and provide you with information about our company.
• The Site uses order forms for users to request information, products, and services. We collect certain contact and financial information in order to process orders, ship products, maintain records, and provide information about our company.
• Unique identifiers (like Customer ID and password) are collected from Site users to verify the user’s identity, and for use as account numbers in our record system.
• Our online surveys ask users for contact information (like e-mail address). Contact information from the surveys is used to improve our services and to provide information about our company. Your contact information may also be
used to send promotional material from some of our partners and to get in touch with you when necessary.
• If you contact us, we keep records and copies of your correspondence including your contact information in order to
process, evaluate, and respond to your request.
• For promotions and sweepstakes, we collect certain contact information for administration purposes.
Automatically Collected Information. We may automatically receive and record information from you when you interact with the Site, including details of your visits, traffic data, Site features and pages viewed, search queries, your IP address, general demographic information, software and hardware attributes, unique device identifiers, browser type, Site crashes, and other system activity and logs. We use this information to administer and to improve the Site, and to deliver better, more personalized experiences to you.
Cookies. We may set and access cookies on your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which could include IP address, user information (browser version, operating system type and version), and device provided identifiers. Once you log into the Site, we may recognize your device to provide you with a personalized experience, independent of your device settings. Other companies’ use of their cookies and device identifiers is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. We may also use pixel tags/web beacons to access our cookies inside and outside the Site and in connection with our services. We may use analytics service providers such as Google Analytics to collect information about use of the Site to help us analyze use of the Site and how to optimize the Site based on that data. Analytics service providers may also set cookies, which transmit data to the analytics service provider.
We may collect data from publicly available sources and from other companies to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud.
If you choose to provide to us with a third party’s information, or if you access the Site on behalf of another person, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Third parties may unsubscribe from any continued communication as a result of us being provided such information by following links in emails or by contacting [email protected]
How We Use Collected Information.
We use collected information for the following general purposes: administer your account, fulfill requests for products, process orders, ship products, improve the Site and our services, customize the content you may see, recognize you when you return to the Site, contact you, investigate and respond to your inquiries, send you offers and promotions, protect your security and the security of the Site, combat fraud, enforce the Terms of Sale and take appropriate actions for violations, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may provide links to third-party web sites and services that are outside our control and are not covered by this policy. If you have any questions, review the privacy policies on the web sites that you visit.
This Site has security measures in place to help protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Your information is only available to you once you login to the Site. All Shopping Cart transactions are conducted on a secure server, which means the information you enter will be encrypted. While we employ security technologies and procedures to assist safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we do not guarantee its security.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or where we have given you) a password for access to the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are solely responsible for all uses of your password, even if such uses were not authorized by you. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password, you are responsible for contacting us immediately to request deactivation of your password.
Information Sharing & Disclosure.
We do not sell personal information, and we do not share personal information about you with non-affiliated companies except to operate the Site and provide our services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• We may provide information to our suppliers, vendors, and other service providers to support the Site and our services, such as order shipping, web hosting, and credit card processing, and these service providers are obligated to protect such information in a manner consistent with this policy and not use it for any purposes other than those for which they are performing for us.
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process (such as law enforcement requests), or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• When we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Sale, or as otherwise required by law.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing information from us. Marketing e-mails you receive from us include unsubscribe instructions (usually found at the bottom of the e-mail) that you may use to opt out of receiving future marketing-related e-mails. We will still communicate with you for transactional or informational purposes as necessary.
You can review and change the information you provided to us at any time by logging in to the Site and visiting your account settings page. If you need additional assistance or help with accessing or correcting your information, you can e-mail us at [email protected], write to us at 1230 Elm Street, Suite 301, Manchester, NH 03101, or call us at 800-654-4432
The Site is designed for users from and controlled and operated by us from the U.S. Your personal information will be transferred and maintained in our records in the U.S. The data protection and related laws and regulations of the U.S. may not be as comprehensive as those in the country from which you are accessing the Site. If you do not consent to this transfer, do not use the Site.
The Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will delete any such information. If you believe we might have collected any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Our retention periods for information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain information as necessary, for the processing purposes for which the information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose.
Changes to This Policy.
We may update this policy at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account and/or by placing a notice on the Site.
If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your “personal information.” Personal information does not include information reflecting business-to-business communications such as those facilitated by this Site. Information that we may collect and process about you to deliver products and services is exempt from the CCPA. We may voluntarily provide details on the sources, uses, and similar details of the information we may process about you and reserve the right to determine the amount and type of information we disclose to you in the future or how to respond to privacy requests that you may submit to us. To the extent applicable, CCPA rights may include the Right to Access and Right to Delete. California residents who wish to exercise rights may contact us through our Site, by email at [email protected], by phone at 800-654-4432, or by writing us at Privacy Officer, Emerson Ecologics, LLC, 1230 Elm Street, Suite 301, Manchester, NH 03101
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not sell any information for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address noted above.