Golden Milk Recipe
Turmeric comes in many therapeutic forms, but none may be as tasty as the kind you can find in the mug of Dr. Jaclyn Chasse, Naturopathic Doctor and Vice President at Emerson Ecologics.
Here she shares her favorite recipe.
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons dried turmeric powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grass-fed ghee (or coconut oil)
- Nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom to taste
- Local, raw honey to taste
Combine the milk, spices, and ghee in a saucepan and warm on medium heat. Whisk the mixture every few minutes until warmed to desired temperature. Add honey to taste.
A milk frother makes this extra delicious! Alternately, you can pulse the warm mixture in a blender to add some froth.
If you have extra time, you can swap dried turmeric with fresh turmeric and ginger root by grating them and steeping them into the simmering ghee or coconut oil for several hours.