Natural Remedies – Vanilla Lotion Bar with Avocado Oil
Soothe and soften summer skin with this DIY bar made with essential oils and cocoa butter.
Vanilla Lotion Bar with Avocado Oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil 6.25 oz.
- 2 tablespoons Aura Cacia Avocado Skin Care Oil 4 fl. oz.
- 60 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil 0.5 fl. oz.
- 60 drops Aura Cacia Vanilla (in Jojoba Oil) 0.5 fl. oz.
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter 4 fl. oz.
- 1/2 cup Beeswax Beads or Grated Beeswax
- In a double boiler, heat the beeswax and cocoa butter, stirring until completely melted.
- Add coconut oil and avocado oil and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat, add essential oils and stir until well blended.
- Into two muffin tins lined with paper baking cups (optional), pour the mixture. Divide between 4 to 6 cups depending on the size of lotion bars desired.
- Place tin in the refrigerator for several minutes to facilitate set up and removal from the tin. Alternatively, pour mixture into decoratively shaped molds.
- To use, rub the bar on skin.
Recipe adapted from Aura Cacia.