Red and Blue Quinoa Salad Recipe
This Memorial Day weekend, while observing the men and women who have served our country, enjoy this patriotic (and healthy!) quinoa salad. Cool and refreshing it will be a hit with your friends and family!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- 9 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons honey (use maple syrup or agave to make vegan)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and place in a large serving bowl, then let cool slightly. In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the dressing ingredients: honey, lime juice, and salt.
- Trim and quarter the strawberries, then add them to the bowl along with the blueberries almonds and mint. Pour the dressing over the top, and toss gently to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!