How to Create Online Buzz
Search Engine Watch describes online buzz as “that elusive time when the Internet is humming with news and discussion about … a new product or service.” While it may be easier for large companies like Apple or Google to generate buzz, your practice might benefit from a boost of online buzz too. First make sure you have a reason for creating buzz. Then invest the time in developing a detailed plan so you can capitalize on the awareness that is generated.
Below are 13 ideas that you can include in your plan to help generate online buzz about your integrative practice.
- Create content that can be re-purposed in the form of blogs, images, articles and social posts. If you have a single piece of content that you can distribute across several different platforms, you will get the most from each piece of content you produce.
- Engage with your audience by following up on comments and questions in a timely fashion, asking for their feedback and sharing content that they can pass on to others.
- Present your information visually with infographics. This can help your readers understand your message. There are several websites that can help. Here are five to choose from: Piktochart (https://piktochart.com/), Venngage (https://venngage.com/), Canva (https://www.canva.com/create/infographics/), Easelly (https://www.easel.ly/), and Infogram (https://infogr.am/).
- Add hashtags to your social media posts to get your content noticed. Hashtags can be added to titles and keywords throughout your text.
- Be sure that your content is “scannable.” Write so that readers can easily find the information they are looking for.
- Host online events for existing and potential patients to participate in. These can keep current patients informed and get new ones excited to visit you. Online events can include webinars, demonstrations, and question/answer sessions.
- Tailor your message based on the social media platform you are using. LinkedIn, for example, has a more business-like tone, while Facebook is more social and conversational.
- Step in front of the camera or add audio to your slides. Video marketing is extremely engaging and is one of the more shared types of content. Keep your online buzz humming with a weekly series of videos that build off each other. For example, if your practice focuses on nutrition, you might consider a video series on seasonal produce. How many ways can you prepare summer squash?
- Article series can keep people coming back for more. An excellent way to get your information out is through a series of topical articles. When you are creating these articles, make sure you write them as though you are communicating directly with one of your patients. Be sure to focus on the benefits they will receive by returning for the next article.
- Tweet sweet offers weekly or monthly. These offers can last for a set period of time or be ongoing. Set the schedule to reflect your business plans. Special offers are a great way to get people through your doors. Do a bit of research to find the local hashtags. This can help you connect with and participate in relevant conversations.
- Add a blog to your website. If you do not have a blog on your website, add one. You do not have to invest in a web developer. Use a free tool like blogger (https://www.blogger.com/) and link to your blog. You also do not have to write every day. Set aside a small amount of time each week to write on a topic of your choice.
- Participate on other blogs. Get your message and practice online by acting as a guest blogger for news outlets and colleagues. Commenting on other blogs is another way to participate. When you comment on other blogs, include a link to your website to drive traffic back to you.
- Keep in touch with your patients via email. Send them a great discount or limited time offer, and invite them to share it with friends and family.
These are just a few of the ways you can generate online buzz. Get creative and have fun making your own online buzz!