GF DF Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
Gluten-free, dairy-free, double chocolate zucchini cookie recipe!
- 2/3 cup (125 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups (280 grams) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup (52 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded and well-drained zucchini (about 115 grams)
- 1 cup semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking silpat liner.
- Melt the 2/3 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave at 50% power. Stir the chocolate chips every minute to melt evenly and prevent scorching. Set aside and cool slightly to warm room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together the coconut oil, almond butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until totally combined. Stir in the zucchini. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix until well-combined.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until no dry streaks remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into tablespoon or so sized balls. Place about 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
By Katie Gillis
Katie Gillis is the Digital Marketing Manager at Emerson Ecologics, focused on delivering practitioners information and inspiration via our online platforms including websites and social media channels.