Technology: The Likely Culprit Of Your Biggest Practice “Leak”
The simple solution that delivers a big return for practitioners & patients
Technology. The word alone is enough to make the hair stand up on the necks of practitioners everywhere. For some reason, we tend to associate technology with something that is difficult and time consuming, leading most to avoid it all together. It’s no wonder then, that the avoidance of technology is one of the most common culprits of “leaks” or inefficiencies in a practice’s business and clinical systems. Just like a faucet, if you don’t fix the drip, it will never correct itself, only continue to grow. So does technology deserve its reputation as a dirty word, or are we avoiding it for all the wrong reasons?
When it comes to the management of your practice, there are a few technology systems most practitioners will have to consider:
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, which may handle; scheduling, management of patient charts/labs and billing
- Online systems, including your website, social media and email marketing
- Online patient dispensary, that provides tools to support adherence and patient outcomes
While all of these are important, there is one that stands out for its low level of effort to implement and its big returns to practices (and patients) – and that is implementing an online patient dispensary.
If vitamins and supplements are a part of your treatment protocols, then you know there is a process required to make sure what you recommend reaches your patients’ efficiently and accurately. Ask yourself these questions:
- Am I providing access to products at the time my patient is most open to change?
- Am I able to provide ALL the products I recommend to patients?
- Am I sure patients are taking the EXACT high-quality product I recommend (and at the right dosage)?
- Am I providing a convenient way for my patient to get refills as soon as they need them?
If you answered no to any of the above, your process for fully implementing your treatment protocol may be in need of repair.
Many practitioners are familiar with an in-office dispensary. Stocking key products in your office is a great way to ensure you are getting products to patients at the time they are most ready to make change, right after their appointment. While this is a great benefit, it won’t provide a full system fix if it’s your only option.
This is where using an online patient dispensary to complement what you provide in-office, is a solution that works well for many practitioners. Some of the key benefits include:
- A convenient way to provide a broader selection of high-quality products to patients (without the cost of additional inventory)
- An option that is “always open” for patients who need to place an re-order products
- A way to create and grow passive revenue for your practice
- Less overhead cost to stock products
- Less time spent on the management of patient orders, questions and requests
- Peace of mind knowing your patients are taking the highest-quality products you’ve recommended
These are just a few of the benefits of using an online dispensary in your practice and one of the easiest solutions to implement to ensure a smooth, “leak” free practice process.
To learn more about wellevate℠, a new online patient dispensary created and supported by Emerson Ecologics, visit www.wellevate.me or call 855-weelevate for a concierge set-up appointment.
To learn more about online patient dispensaries, listen now to this 15-minute podcast from Natural Medicine Journal, featuring Daniel Kalish, DC and Julie Beck, DC, MS, CSCS.
Written by Lindsey Smart
Lindsey Smart is a Marketing Manager at Emerson Ecologics, overseeing the IGNITE program of educational opportunities and events, focused on helping practitioners achieve practice success.